Sunday, October 05, 2008

I know God loves me. But I don't need to know. I need love.

I was just sitting here on my couch listening to Jars' new recording of "Love song for a Savior" when a simple and profound thought struck me.  
Here i am, having been raised by an incredibly loving family in a relitavely supportive social structure. I've accepted God's love in my life, at least so I say. I'm at Bible college, have a bible, and have discovered that page after page spells love, and yet... 

Yet I have such a hard time accepting God's love. I know it I know it I know it.... than why don't I receive it? Ephesians 3:19 says that the love of Christ "surpasses knowledge" (niv).... well then why can't I believe it.  Its so important I know. my emotional, physical and spiritual self all scream for it. 

The message in church today was more or less about taking the love into the world. It was about showing God to a world who is caught in a great separation from God- from Truth. 
I have every reason to do this don't I? What is the thing that would hold me back? 

If the enemy wants to hold off the attack, what is an easier way to do it, to fight back, or to make his enemies question their cause? 

This was my thought: No wonder I have a problem receiving and believing God's love! What better place for the Enemy to target all of his arrows? 

In addition, what better way to infuriate God?

Where did i put that shield of faith? 

So How do we combat the lies? I'm sure there are many ways, but on a practical note I know God's love most presently and practically and real when another of the body of Christ shows Christlike love to me. There's nothing like it. Maybe there is more to be said for encouragement and love among comrades than I thought about before. 

Simple, but in my mind, profound. 

I put off lunch to write this. 
Love ya later,

mc

No comments: