Monday, January 15, 2007

Fire and Ice

So I was sitting in my room a few days ago when suddenly a ridiculously loud noise came exploding from everywhere. It took me only a moment to realize it was the fire alarm. It took me only another moment to realize that, "no... no I'm not burning anything- it's not me. Good." From there I decided to grab a coat and then make my way outside, where many had already gathered.
Apparently it was not a drill. An iron had been left on and caused the smoke which set off the alarm. The downside of this was that there were few to no faculty around to conduct what would have otherwise been a drill. We had to, rather, wait outside while quietly freezing in the sub-zero temperature while the appropriate staff and/or fire dept showed up.
Shortly, someone told us that we could go and wait in the gym. By this time, however, I was already imagining how a news headline might look:
"Fire brigade rush to Abbotsford College too late: Students found frozen to death." or if given more thought:
"College commended for fire response time - 70% of students treated for frost bite."
I shared such thoughts with a friend,
"That would be ironic eh?"
"IRON-ic, yes"
"Oh that was a good one."

1 comment:

AfterVerner said...

PUNishment...;)