Friday, November 17, 2006

Back to the Essence Part 1

I have been implored to post somthing- so here's what I hope to be the beginning of a short series that was sticking in my mind lately:

It seems that I came to the reality that God had a plan to use my passions for his purposes. Then it seems that I started to call the passions my own and make "my" plans, because God wanted it for me. Subtle shift perhaps- maybe not even a big deal. However, once and a while somthing throws your perspective back into place. Do you ever have those moments? Mine came when somone else's life flew out of the influence of my hands.
Life as we know it in the physical, hangs by little more than a beating heart and functioning brain- both of which can stop in an instance given the proper inclination. Yet we live on and call our lives our own. Untill we are reminded that we are but man.
So I was taken back to the essence. Back to the place where I sing songs about giving my heart, my life, and my dreams to God and meant it. Because despite what God wants to do with my life, be it coherent with my will or not, the essence of the matter is that I give it to him first and formost.
It's a surrendering that I'm willing to watch the outcome of: I commit my life to you.

1 comment:

AfterVerner said...

thats a good beginning. And a pretty amazing path to follow. Just the act of choosing to follow. I think I would like to follow too, so here we go. Following the same God, but different ways. Crazy hey? Good thing he can multitask.