Tuesday, November 10, 2009

and get dead

The lone ranger is I
I ride alone despised
Shotgun if anyone should get too close
Rifle for a pot shot at a crow on a post

I ride alone I fight alone
My dying cause is mine alone
I've two handguns with six rounds each
But I'm down to one last shot

I stand alone
I plan alone
I hide alone
I'll die alone

It was here in the wilderness i turned loneliness to strength.

I kept crowds at arms length doing good. doing good.
I can make it on my own. I ride alone
I ride alone.

I've been playing this card game for years now
playing mine close to the chest
every play a poker face
So you can never guess

The stakes are high
They are too high
But I can't let the raise go by
It's hope versus pride
And I'm on the wrong side

The dealer catches fear in my eye
And I'm gambling my life

The stakes are High they are too high
First my saddle then my arms and my spurs
on this line that i walk alone

The game is set it is too set
and I'm fearing that everyone knows how it ends
I've no defence.

I gambled and lost and at the break of dawn
To meet you in a draw
I lost my hand and all my pride
its love versus fear
and I'm on the wrong side

You looked for me high and dry
Wanted posters saying dead and alive

So before my fingers are on the trigger
I'm shot dead in the street
I couldn't have expected any different
Thought I had a licking speed

My career livelihood reputation and shame
is my opponents in a moment by an earth shattering pain
and takes me off my high horse.

Then he ripped out my heart and he put his
in stead
I came up a new man
while Jesus was dead

It's truth versus fear
the stakes are high
I'm walking in here
But I'm on the wrong side

No comments: