Friday, November 20, 2009

Good Article

This guy might get smeared for speaking his mind but i guess he gets diplomatic immunity as a writer. What if I agree with him then. I'll say as much. I think he's very right. He talks about Britain, but you can certainly put Canada in its place.

I like immigration and I like immigrants. I think we have a lot we can learn and experience with peoples of other religions and cultures and countries. I have nothing to say against other races because thats not what i'm talking about. I'm talking about cultural toleration and the fact that there are still moral lines in this country. These are human right issues that i believe we've been fighting for in Afghanistan and other places. If we can't enforce them in Closed Cults, cultural centres or land reserves, then it feels a little confusing to be fighting for them in other countries. Not that i think we shouldn't be in those situations, but you see my point? These morals apply whether you are chinese or indian, muslim or Mormon, Aboriginal or fifth generation canadian dutch. This writer says there is a universal morality. I must agree. If you think i sound offensive (and believe me, it feels like it too) maybe we need to realize that our sensitivity to offend is what can breed ignorance and set us up for a serious fall.

Your thoughts?

Click to link to the article

No comments: